Friday, October 22, 2010

update:

I haven't been this giddy-happy in a goodish longish while.

After passing through very great quantities of dreading, loathing, procrastinating, distracting myself, spacing off, doing other things, emailing Dad, talking to Mom on the phone, buying cars, writing irrelevant essays, checking facebook, checking email, (finding nothing), making pizza, hunting for lost camera cables, flipping through old sketchbooks, forgetting about cello, and making a general nuisance of myself to the world...

I say, after all this, I am absitively, posolutely thrilled to announce that the paperwork, so hatefully described in the post below, has been finished.

Thirteen long, freaky, lifeless, detailed pages of it.

Let this be a lesson to me, never, ever, ever, ever, ever to allow myself to get this far behind again.

Let me always, always remember that, no matter how yucky that one page of misery looks at the end of each day, it is incalculably more bearable than the overwhelming stack that will await me at the end of the month if I don't do it right away.

Oh, happy, happy me, to have that woeful task in the past instead of the future (or, worse, the present).

This is probably the dumbest thing you've ever read, huh? Oh, but share in my glee, even if you have the presence of mind to see that it's mostly unwarranted. Everyone should be this happy at least once in their life.

Yes. Yes. Yessssssssss.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. That merits a celebration for sure...what could you do to spoil yourself?!

Unknown said...

"Everyone should be this happy at least once in their life."

Wow. That fits more with a post about buying a first house or... something else ;P

Not paperwork.

I on the other hand, am perfectly justified in being overjoyed at putting an edge on a knife. But this paperwork is sheer nonsense!

tierney said...

Well, I did say at least once. :P

If I ever buy a house or put an edge on a knife, maybe I'll just be thrilled out of my head again!

Unknown said...

I was completely kidding, eh? I hope you knew that. :P

tierney said...

That was my tentative guess. Can be a little hard to tell, you know. ;P