Wednesday, February 9, 2011

my morning in a nutshell

This morning, when the little ticker in my alarm clock set the people on the radio to yammering about whatever they were yammering about, I laid in my bed and thought, "Dude ... I worked hard last night. I didn't get home until late. I took a shower and nursed my sore throat. I didn't go to bed until like 1:00. Nature forbids that I leap yodeling from my bed at this unearthly pre-dawn hour."

So I laid there for awhile, and the radio peoples' talk didn't make any sense at all, because I kept dozing in and out of it. Something about 'defining spiritual moments' and chainsaws. I already said it didn't make any sense.

Then, suddenly. A great big, huge, exciting Something broke in upon my unstable consciousness - a memory of something really fabulous, something momentous about this day, for which it was not only worthwhile, not only imperative, but absolutely thrillingly delightful to get out of bed and stay awake all day. It was really exciting. I flicked on my reading lamp and laid there smiling, ignoring the radio people, mulling over this pleasant surprise.

If only I could remember what it was.

2 comments:

juliehof said...

Too funny!

OK, now get this. I showed this entry to Derek. As soon as he read the part about your radio ramblings (spiritual moment, chainsaws...) he said, "I heard that too!!!"

Weird, huh?

Julie

tierney said...

What, for real? That is weird...