Wednesday, September 29, 2010

deep thoughts

I am a creature easily killed by monotony, but even I will readily admit there are some habits worth having. I have a few myself.

For example, when I'm driving I always stick my gum wrapper (if I have one) under my right leg. I'm not sure when or why I started doing this, but I'm glad I did. It saves me the trouble of interrupting whatever train of thought I might be riding when it suddenly occurs to me that my gum has lost its flavor, and wondering, "oh great ... where'd I put my wrapper?"

I just reach subconsciously under my leg and there it is, always. I recommend habits like this.

It may or may not interest the general public to know that the thoughts which initiated this missive were originally scrawled on the back of an unpleasant letter received weeks ago by the author (and long since resolved), while barreling down the highway at just about exactly 70 miles an hour. The letter had been haunting the interior of her purse for long enough, she thought, and anyway, she didn't have any other paper handy.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Haha. This made me laugh. :)

Mochamom said...

Speaking of letter, you WILL be getting a response in the mail I promise!! Thank you so much for the one you sent!

tierney said...

Aw, you're so very welcome. :) I wish we lived closer so we could actually see each other, but mail & internet will have to suffice for now. I'll look forward to your note whenever you have time - I know you're a busy mama! :)