Monday, September 27, 2010

Oh, what do you do...

...when life jumps out from behind a corner and bites you in the foot for no good reason at all?

...when you're tired in the morning, but not at night?

...when every last thing on your schedule seems to be vying for top priority?

...when you feel like the lone nincompoop in a world of experts?

...when fear holds you back from joy, and you're afraid to break the chains?

...when the day is too short and the list is too long?

...when all the voices of reason disagree amongst themselves, and you can't trust your own compass?

...when you know what you want, and you know that it's good, but you know you can't have it, or at least not yet?

...when you want to just trust everyone, but it turns out you can't?

...when you're tempted to just not trust anyone, but it turns out you must?

...when your heart says one thing, and your mind says three more, and your actions make up a pantomime of their combat?

...when you want to please everyone, and can't seem to please anyone, and know all the time that you should only really care about pleasing God?

...when all your good intentions just sit there and look at you, like what, were we supposed to do something?

...when you know you're supposed to be happy, but you just can't remember how?

What do you do?

And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
(2Cor. 12:9)

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!
(Psalm 46:10)

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
(John 16:33)

I think you should sit down for a moment, and read passages like this, and drink up the promises, and remember.

It's not the end of the world, after all.

And if it is - well, hallelujah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been reading your blog for a little while and really enjoying your honesty and your faith. Thanks for writing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder, and thanks for having your priorities straight! It's so easy for me to get bogged down by life and forget (or refuse) to hope in Christ. I'm so thankful He's gracious despite our weaknesses!

-Cristy