Saturday, April 9, 2011

songs I really like right now

While I like to think that my taste in music stays approximately the same through the ages, it's still true that different songs resonate more deeply (musically and/or lyrically) during different life stages ... different moods ... different hours within a day, sometimes. This is, I've little doubt, true of almost everyone on the face of the earth, if they listen to music at all.

Lately I've actually been in almost an anti-music phase. I mean, not philosophically or even literally anti-music ... I just like the quiet, and even when music is on, I can ignore it (unless I hate the song; then I can't). But when I do turn something on, this is what I love right now. Maybe you'll love it, too - or have in the past - or will sometime in the future.


Beloved by Tenth Avenue North

How to Save a Life by The Fray

Beautiful Feet by Lecrae

You Can Have Me by Sidewalk Prophets

All My Tears by Jars of Clay

You Are More by Tenth Avenue North

The Scientist by Coldplay

Frail by Jars of Clay

The Motions by Matthew West

Held by Natalie Grant

Far Away by Lecrae

Hold My Heart by Tenth Avenue North

Oh My God by Jars of Clay

Hallelujah (Light Has Come) by BarlowGirl

Collide by Howie Day

The First Days of Spring by Noah and the Whale

Hymn by Jars of Clay

You may notice a certain recurring pattern with some of the artists listed above ... and maybe a contemplative mood common to many of the songs ... and who knows what other subliminal messages may be accidentally sending themselves. Most of the videos aren't really worth watching (a few might be). Most of the songs aren't new (a few are, sort of). But they're good, and my heart needs them right now.

No comments: