Saturday, September 24, 2011

quite

All but one of our male members being absent from home last night, we ended Mom's birthday (which marks the calendar only a few days before my own) by watching Emma. Some months (maybe even a year or two) had passed since I last saw it, and I was a little taken aback at the precision with which the title character reflected my own current sentiments. Vis:
"What is the point of my being almost twenty-two when there is still so much for me to learn?"
What, indeed?

2 comments:

patty said...

Oh Dear Heart, I sense the sigh. What a beautiful almost 22 year old you are. I (and countless others) are blessed daily by your wisdom *yes, wisdom*, humor, joy and quiet strength. So despite feeling like there's a long road ahead, I pray you enjoy your birthday and being 22 to the fullest! Love, me

tierney said...

You're terribly kind, Patty. Thank you for your encouragement, and for your friendship. God has used you sweetly to bless my life, as well, in the relatively short time we've known each other. Praise the Lord for faithful friends in Him. :)